วันอาทิตย์ที่ 23 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2553

# Big Save on ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PE-PU17-BK 10.1-Inch Black Netbook In Stock for sale. Fast & Free Shipping Orders Now.


ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PE-PU17-BK 10.1-Inch Black Netbook

The flash drive is used as very fast cache, much faster than the HDD. Here's what I purchased: SanDisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 High Performance Memory Card (SDSDX3-008G-P31)

It is only using 4GB instead of the 8GB that is supposed to be possible. I have the drive dedicated to Readyboost. Does anyone get the full 8GB?

Windows 7 takes out the keyboard shortcuts for the start menu, which is totally unacceptable to me. Using classic start menu on XP I open everything much faster than using the mouse by pressing the windows key then a letter or number or symbol. For instance win+z gets me explorer, win+g google, win+m mail, ect. To fix this on my Asus I installed ClassicShell.exe from ScourceForge (free). This not only fixed the start menu problem, but it also puts the information back in the status bar of explorer. Very nice.

The wallpaper will only work with the Windows 7 theme, not the classic, but that's ok, I can modify the Windows 7 theme until it is very similar to the classic. I shrunk the title bars and some other stuff so that the screen holds more, I don't think they customized the settings for the small screen. And my Firefox has always shown only the title bar and one other bar with the menu AND the address bar (just drag the address bar to the menu bar in Toolbars -> Customize), and the status bar, no tabs.

So those are my tips, overall I love the computer, thanks for reading and any input.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น