วันพุธที่ 26 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2553

# Find HP Mini 311-1000NR 11.6-Inch Black Netbook Best Value HP Mini 311-1000NR 11.6-Inch Black Netbook on sale Free Shipping Now.



HP Mini 311-1000NR 11.6-Inch Black Netbook

Premium. I added a usb wireless mouse, a Microsoft 6000 bluetooth mobile keyboard, ZAGG usb external speakers and an HP external DVD drive. Total outlay of less than $350. (Of course, I pay $60 per month for 3G service but I have to connect to the internet when traveling even when I don't have access to wifi so that was a necessity.)

Makes a great travel system to replace my aging Dell Inspiron laptop and I can actually use it when seated in a coach airline seat.

Now for the major complaint. The touchpad is FAR TOO SENSITIVE. I happen to HATE touchpads anyway. And I cannot imagine why HP does not enable the touchpad to be turned off. As it is, when using the keyboard, the slightest touch of the palm of one's hand on the touchpad will cause the cursor to move. In fact, even the heat of one's hand will move it.

So here is the workaround. Tape a couple of business cards (one won't suffice) over the touchpad. I resorted to an unused credit card AND a business card. In addition, turn off everything you can turn off in the settings to make the touchpad less responsive. Even then, the touchpad will respond to a determined finger, but it won't respond to a slight touch. And if all that still fails, do as I did and get a Microsoft 6000 bluetooth mobile keyboard to improve the feel and speed up typing.

Yes, I know. It's a PITA. But with the cards in place over the touchpad, the mini311 is a great little computer.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น