วันอังคารที่ 8 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2553

# Big Save on ASUS P6X58D Premium - LGA 1366 - X58 - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6 Gb/s - ATX Motherboard In Stock for sale. Fast & Free Shipping Orders Now.




ASUS P6X58D Premium - LGA 1366 - X58 - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6 Gb/s - ATX Motherboard

Like the last reviewer, I like building my own system. That way, I get what I believe is important and exactly the way I want it. I bought this P6X58D because it features USB 3.0 and SATA 6 GB/s. Do I really need that right now? No, but those will be the new standard and I want a board that doesn't go obsolete in six months.

My build consist of the following:
Motherboard - P6X68D Premium
Memory - Corsair Dominator 6 GB 3 x 2 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3
Process Cooler - Cooling Master V8 (from my last computer)
Processor - Intel Core i7 960 3.2GHz
Case - Cooler Master Cosmos ATX Full Tower Case Silver
Power Supply - Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified
DVD/CD drive - Sony Nec Optiarc 24X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW SATA (3G) Drive
Main Hard Drive - Intel 160 GB X25M Mainstream SATA II (3G) Solid State Drive (SSD)
Graphic card - ATI Radeon 4870 1GB (from my last computer)
Additional Data Hard Drives - 2 X Western Digital 1.5 TB Caviar Green SATA (3G) Intellipower. one Maxtor 300GB ATA drive (removed from my last computer).


Graphics is reused as I will wait a bit longer to replace it. I picked this board because it is fast and I wanted to take full advantage of the solid state drive. I did not buy any SATA-6G hard drives but can do that in the future. I opted for slower data drives since my programs will run off the solid state drive. I also installed my old SATA drive from my last computer so I can pull the information off. The motherboard comes with six SATA-3G ports so I used four for the hard drives, one for the front port eSATA, and one for the DVD writer. However, there are two SATA-6G ports I have not used, so I can still add two more drives or SATA-6G attachments.

This system is superfast with windows start-up amazingly quick. I cannot break down each component and say what contributes the most to the speed, but the motherboard seems to handle everything without conflict. Installation was no problem as all the components has easy to find locations and I did not have to set any pins. I have not optimized anything yet, just defaults at this point, so there is more to do, but I am glad you can trust a board to work well and that is what I got with this ASUS. So for the combination of features and reliability, I don't think you can do much better.

The only disappointment for me in the board is that it only has eight 2.0 USB ports. Eight may sound like a lot but with cameras, iphone, usb memory sticks, external hard drives, printer, and a few other objects wanting USB ports, I quickly run out (yes I can use an external hub but rather not). The motherboard does have two 3.0 ports but my case has 4 USB slots in the front port and I also wanted to install a Sony 18-1 card reader. With the four permanently attached USB ports on the back panel, I could not plug in the four front and the card reader. So for now I am doing without the card reader until I resolve the problem. But that does not take away from how well this board is performing.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น