วันจันทร์ที่ 7 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2553

# Find EVGA nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1 GB 2DVI/HDCP PCI-Express Video Card Best Value on sale Free Shipping Now.


EVGA nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1 GB 2DVI/HDCP PCI-Express Video Card

I first bought this card for my computer and noticed an improvement in sharpness on my desktop and when playing World of Warcraft. My system has a ViewSonic VX2835WM monitor and runs under the XP operating system.
My wife was having graphics problems with her 1 year old Alienware computer so I built her a backup gaming computer with this card. We found it peforms better than the two graphics cards of a competing brand she has in her $ 4000 Alienware computer.

The only problem we have with this card is overscanning on my wife's computer which also has a ViewSonic VX2835WM monitor but is running the System 7 operating system. The ViewSonic VX2835WM monitor uses an HDMI input instead of a DVI input (like many 28" monitors) and apparently this causes a communication problem between the graphics card and the monitor. The graphics card thinks it's connected to an HD TV instead of a PC. This causes the overscanning which places the edges outside the screen. You can't see the Start button or any icons on the left side of the screen. We don't have the overscanning problem when we use an SVGA cable but we also don't have the benefit of a digital graphics card and monitor.

I haven't been able to get a driver modification to work that supposedly fixes this problem. It involves editing one of the driver files to "enable overscan compensation". I am amazed that the user community has to come up with these solutions while NVIDIA and ViewSonic will not provide a well documented solution their customers need to fix the problem.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น